Monday, November 14, 2011

It being national adoption month, I have been thinking of things to post that have to do with adoption. I myself and trying to find out all that I can about this subject. I do know a lot but even as an adoptee I am continuing to find out more and more! It's great. So today I am going to post about correct terminology.

Birth Parent's do not "give up" their children.............they place them. <3
It is not Adopted Child..........it is child who was adopted or person who was adopted.
It is not Adoptive Parents............it is just parents! Or the Parents who are adopting.


At the adoption conference I learned this terminology. I had NO idea and was using it all wrong. Now that I know, I can use it :) So I don't offend anyone. I love the word place. It just has so much meaning to me now. My birth mother placed me in my home with a mom and a dad and I am SO happy she did. I am just SO blessed and love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment